Celtic FC Chicago emphasizes a player-centered development curriculum for all age groups. Our focus is on developing each individual's technical abilities and tactical understanding to function within a team concept. The Age-specific curriculum gradually increases the level of difficulty as the player progresses into the next stage of their development. This player-centric development model creates a more dynamic, skilled and creative player that can play with confidence in any position within a team formation.
Player-Centered Development Philosophy
1. Develop each player's technical abilities: Dribbling, Passing, Receiving and Shooting techniques.
2. Develop each player’s tactical understanding: Attacking, Defending, Transitions (Attack to Defense & Defense to Attack).
3. Increase confidence and encourage creativity in each player.
4. Have fun and receive positive feedback from coaches during training and games.
5. Allow players to experience and understand the functions of multiple positions within the team.
6. Strive to help each player reach their maximum potential and create a plan to achieve their individual goals (SMART).
7. Provide individualized feedback to the player on their development and progress.
8. Keep winning and losing in proper perspective.
"We don't demand that our youth teams win. We demand that they play good soccer." - Jose Ramon Alexanko, Former FC Barcelona Youth Director